COVID-19 virus - The Managment Board of Scandinavian Express announcement
The Scandinavian Express team is diligently monitoring the ever changing situation relating to the COVID-19 virus. Our information is being sort on a regular basis and from reliable sources.
We are focusing primarily on ensuring the safety of our employees and clients, being of paramount concern. We are also doing everything to minimize the negative impact of COVID-19 on the execution of orders. To allow us to maintain a continuity of service and the delivery of goods.
As regards the above, we have implemented the following preventive solutions and emergency procedures:
- Strict application in accordance with all World Health Organization, administrative authorities and medical services recommendations.
- Purchase and implementation of a full package of sanitary equipment for our drivers and employees.
- Purchase and implementation of additional disinfection equipment throughout the company.
- Full restriction of external access for cross dock warehouses and company premises.
- Full readiness of IT infrastructure and security of IT equipment to maintain A continuity of service through remote work / cloud computing.
- Implementation of a special instruction for drivers to limit contacts during loading and unloading to an absolute minimum.
- Eliminating circulation of paper documentation and implementing in full e-accounts and e-document circulation.
- Close cooperation with our regular Ferry Partners in providing drivers with individual cabins. Ongoing disinfection of all common vehicle parts (handles, buttons, handrails). to implement and maintain the highest of hygiene standards during ferry crossings.
- Appointment of an Emergency Operations Committee, providing continuous monitoring of the situation regarding current regulations, rules, recommendations and potential threats in individual industry sectors and transport corridors on all Scandinavian Express operational markets, with particular emphasis on Sweden and Poland.
In order to minimize the risk of COVID-19 and out of concern for common health and safety, we appeal to our clients to cooperate in the above recommendations and the implementation of preventive measures.
At present, freight traffic (road, ferry) between Poland and Scandinavia / the Baltic Sea region remains maintained. At the same time we would like to inform you that due to the Epidemic Threat introduced on 13/03/2020 in the Republic of Poland and the need to implement measures to ensure the safety of our drivers (e.g. purchase of additional sanitary equipment and provision of individual cabins on ferries), Scandinavian Express forwarding and transport services prices will be updated on a regular basis depending on all developments.
We also want to ensure that we are at your disposal in sharing our operational knowledge regarding the current situation related to the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Poland, Sweden / the Baltic Sea region.
The Management Board of Scandinavian Express